Warwick Relief in Need was founded in 1976 by Charity Commissioners and consisted of the amalgamation of many old Warwick charities that were formed to relieve hardship within the town of Warwick.
These charities consist of:-
The Charity of Thomas Aylworth (1956).
The Charity of the Honourable John Smith for clothing (1652).
The charity known as the Reverend John Smith's Bread Charity (1652).
The charity known as the Reverend John Smith's Shoe charity (1652).
In the Ancient Parish of St. Mary: A share of the charity of Henry Archer (1764); The Charity of Joseph Blissett (1712); The Charity of Richard Grimes (1709); The Charity of Alice Hammond (1778); Ambrosia Hughes (1860).
In the Ancient Parish of St. Nicholas: The Charity of Catherine Burton, Henry Furnis, Martha Holliock, Thomas Owen, John Wilson - the Charities called the Combined Charities (1913); The Charity of George Partington (1864).
In the former Bridge End ward of the Ancient Parish of St. Nicholas - The Charity known as the Bridge End Coal Charity (1773).
In the Ecclesiastical Parishes of St. Nicholas and All Saints, Emscote - A share of the Charity of Henry Archer; The Charity of Henry Furnis; The Charity of Richard Grimes; The Charity of Edmund Makepeace Senior; The Charity of Edmund Makepeace Junior.